The ARSPEX Working Group is a specialised body of the IARU Region 1 for Amateur Radio Space EXploration.
The ARSPEX WG acts under the provisions of the IARU Region 1 Constitution and Bylaws and operates within the terms of reference .
First Element of ARISS Next Generation (Next-Gen) Radio System Installed in ISS Columbus Module
This opens up a new era providing regular voice repeater functionality around the world.
The first contact through the repeater was done on September 2nd 2020 between IK1SLD and ON7UX.
Next ARISS contacts in region 1 or audible in region 1:
please note that due to the widespread sanitary crisis some ARISS contacts are cancelled or postponed. Stay safe !
- Thu 2020-09-10 08:17:01 UTC College Raymond Sirot, Gueux, France, via VK5ZAI with Chris Cassidy KF5KDR
- Fri 2020-09-18 12:56:34 UTC Avellaneda Ikastetxea, Sodupe, Spain, via ZS6JON with Chris Cassidy KF5KDR
- 2020-09-28 to 2020-10-04 Centrum voľného času Kosice, Kosice, Slovakia, direct via OM3KSI
- 2020-09-28 to 2020-10-04 Several schools, Turkey Direct via TC2TSC
- 2020-10-26 to 2020-11-01 SPDW Voortrekker Movement, Oranjeville, South Africa, direct via ZS9SPD
- 2020-11-09 to 2020-11-15 Scuola Secondaria di I grado “Anna Frank”, Pistoia, Italy, via telebridge
- 2020-12-07 to 2020-12-13 Athlone Community College, Athlone, Ireland, direct contact
- Amateur station on board of ISS
- Amateur Satellites
- Lunar Gateway
- W‑Band propagation study from space