The ARSPEX Working Group is a specialised body of the IARU Region 1 for Amateur Radio Space EXploration.
The ARSPEX WG acts under the provisions of the IARU Region 1 Constitution and Bylaws and operates within the terms of reference .
September 2, 2020: First Element of ARISS Next Generation (Next-Gen) Radio System Installed in ISS Columbus Module
This opens up a new era providing regular voice repeater functionality around the world.
The first contact through the repeater was done on September 2nd 2020 between IK1SLD and ON7UX.
Next ARISS contacts in region 1 or audible in region 1 on 145.800 MHz (FM) unless specified otherwise (UHF: 437.525 MHz):
please note that due to the widespread sanitary crisis some ARISS contacts are cancelled or postponed. Stay safe !
- Samantha Cristoforetti (IZØUDF) scheduled April — September 2022 with many contacts in Italy
- Wed 2022-08-03 12:23 UTC Swiss Guide and Scout Movement, Bern, Switzerland, HB9JAM calling direct with Samantha Cristoforetti IZØUDF
- 2022-08-10 10:05 UTC Ufa, Russia
- 2022-10-31 to 2022-11-06 Harel Educational Campus, Holon, Israel
- 2022-12-05 to 2022-12-11 British School in the Netherlands (Junior School Leidschenveen), The Hague, The Netherlands
- 2022-12-05 to 2022-12-11 Stella Maris College, Gzira, Malta, direct via 9H1MRL
- Amateur station on board of ISS
- Amateur Satellites
- Lunar Gateway
- W‑Band propagation study from space