The ARSPEX Working Group is a specialised body of the IARU Region 1 for Amateur Radio Space EXploration.
The ARSPEX WG acts under the provisions of the IARU Region 1 Constitution and Bylaws and operates within the terms of reference .
First Element of ARISS Next Generation (Next-Gen) Radio System Installed in ISS Columbus Module
This opens up a new era providing regular voice repeater functionality around the world.
The first contact through the repeater was done on September 2nd 2020 between IK1SLD and ON7UX.
Next ARISS contacts in region 1 or audible in region 1 on 145.800 MHz (FM) unless specified otherwise (UHF: 437.525 MHz):
please note that due to the widespread sanitary crisis some ARISS contacts are cancelled or postponed. Stay safe !
- 2022-01-31 to 2022-02-06 Johannes-Kepler-Gymnasium, Lebach, Germany, direct with Matthias Maurer
- 2022-02-07 to 2022-02-13 Gewerbliche Schulen Donaueschingen, Donaueschingen, Germany, direct via DLØFIS with Matthias Maurer
- 2022-02-14 to 2022-02-20 FH Aachen, University of Applied Sciences, Aachen, Germany, direct via DLØFHA with Matthias Maurer
- 2022-02-21 to 2022-02-27 Erasmus-Gymnasium Denzlingen, Denzlingen, Germany , Goethe-Gymnasium, Freiburg, Germany Direct via DN1EME with Matthias Maurer
- 2022-04-04 to 2022-04-10 Leonardo-Da-Vinci Campus Nauen, Nauen, Germany, direct via DC1RSN with Matthias Maurer
- 2022-04-11 to 2022-04-17 DLR_School_Lab TU Dresden, Dresden, Germany, direct via DLØTSD with Matthias Maurer
- Samantha Cristoforetti (I) scheduled in April 2022 with many contacts in Italy
- Amateur station on board of ISS
- Amateur Satellites
- Lunar Gateway
- W‑Band propagation study from space