The ARSPEX Working Group is a specialised body of the IARU Region 1 for Amateur Radio Space EXploration.
The ARSPEX WG acts under the provisions of the IARU Region 1 Constitution and Bylaws and operates within the terms of reference .
First Element of ARISS Next Generation (Next-Gen) Radio System Installed in ISS Columbus Module
This opens up a new era providing regular voice repeater functionality around the world.
The first contact through the repeater was done on September 2nd 2020 between IK1SLD and ON7UX.
Next ARISS contacts in region 1 or audible in region 1 on 145.800 MHz (FM) unless specified otherwise:
please note that due to the widespread sanitary crisis some ARISS contacts are cancelled or postponed. Stay safe !
- 2020-11-30 to 2020-12-06 Scuola Secondaria di I grado “Anna Frank”, Pistoia, Italy, telebridge
- 2020-12-03 08:45 UTC Amur State University, Blagoveshchensk, Russia, direct
- 2020-12-07 to 2020-12-13 Turkish State Meteorological Service, Mehmet Zakir Ekni High School, Yenimahalle, Kuyubaşi Şehit Oğuzhan Duyar Secondary School, Keçiören, Ted Ankara College Foundation High School, Gölbaşı, Maya Anatolian High School, Gölbaşı, Turkey, Direct via TC2TSC
- 2020-12-07 to 2020-12-13 RO-SAT One, Piatra-Neamț, Romania, direct via YRØISS
- 2020-12-07 to 2020-12-13 Athlone Community College, Athlone, Ireland, direct contact via EI1ISS
- 2021-01-25 to 2021-01-31 SPDW Voortrekker Movement, Oranjeville, South Africa, direct via ZS9SPD
- 2021-02-01 to 2021-02-07 Stella Maris College, Gzira, Malta, direct via 9H1MRL
- 2021-02-15 to 2021-02-21 Carl Fuhlrott-Gymnasium, Wuppertal, Germany, direct via DN1CFG
- 2021-03-01 to 2021-03-07 Peace Corps, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, telebridge
- 2021-04-19 to 2021-04-25 Mary Hare School, Newbury, UK, direct
- Amateur station on board of ISS
- Amateur Satellites
- Lunar Gateway
- W‑Band propagation study from space