The ARSPEX Working Group is a specialised body of the IARU Region 1 for Amateur Radio Space EXploration.
The ARSPEX WG acts under the provisions of the IARU Region 1 Constitution and Bylaws and operates within the terms of reference .
First Element of ARISS Next Generation (Next-Gen) Radio System Installed in ISS Columbus Module
This opens up a new era providing regular voice repeater functionality around the world.
The first contact through the repeater was done on September 2nd 2020 between IK1SLD and ON7UX.
SSTV transmissions on Thursday January 28th 2021 (12:05 – 17:10 UTC) and Friday 29th (13:05 – 18:10 UTC)
Next ARISS contacts in region 1 or audible in region 1 on 145.800 MHz (FM) unless specified otherwise:
please note that due to the widespread sanitary crisis some ARISS contacts are cancelled or postponed. Stay safe !
- Wed 2021-03-03 13:09 UTC Peace Corps, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova with Mike Hopkins KF5LJG, telebridge via NA7V
- Thomas Pesquet (F) scheduled April 2021 to September 2021 with many contacts in France
- 2021-05-03 to 2021-05-09 College of Saint Pierre Marboz, Marboz, France with Thomas Pesquet
- 2021-05-17 to 2021-05-23 Ecole Elémentaire de Saint Leu Centre, Saint Leu, France, (Reunion Island) with Thomas Pesquet
- 2021-06-07 to 2021-06-13 College Maurice Genevoix, Couzeix, France with Thomas Pesquet
- 2021-06-07 to 2021-06-13 Lycée Pierre Paul Riquet, St Orens De Gameville, France and CSUT University Space Center of Toulouse, Toulouse, France with Thomas Pesquet
- 2021-06-14 to 2021-06-20 Collège Albert Camus, La Norville, France and Université Paris-Saclay, Saint-Aubin, France with Thomas Pesquet
- 2021-06-21 to 2021-06-27 Ecole publique de Bellême, Bellême, France, Pôle scolaire Igé/Le Gué de la Chaine, Belforêt en Perche, France, Ecole de Nocé, Perche en Nocé, France with Thomas Pesquet
- 2021-06-28 to 2021-07-04 Jean Alloitteau School, Vinça, France with Thomas Pesquet
- Matthias Maurer (D) scheduled September 2021 to February 2022 with many contacts in Germany
- Amateur station on board of ISS
- Amateur Satellites
- Lunar Gateway
- W‑Band propagation study from space