The ARSPEX Working Group is a specialised body of the IARU Region 1 for Amateur Radio Space EXploration.
The ARSPEX WG acts under the provisions of the IARU Region 1 Constitution and Bylaws and operates within the terms of reference .
First Element of ARISS Next Generation (Next-Gen) Radio System Installed in ISS Columbus Module
This opens up a new era providing regular voice repeater functionality around the world.
The first contact through the repeater was done on September 2nd 2020 between IK1SLD and ON7UX.
Next ARISS contacts in region 1 or audible in region 1 on 145.800 MHz (FM) unless specified otherwise (UHF: 437.525 MHz):
please note that due to the widespread sanitary crisis some ARISS contacts are cancelled or postponed. Stay safe !
- Tue 2021-10-12 11:12 UTC Mary Hare School, Newbury, UK, direct via GB4MHN
- Thomas Pesquet KG5FYG (F) scheduled April 2021 to October 2021 with many contacts in France
- Wed 2021-10-13 13:39 UTC Ecole Louis Armand, Carquefou, Institut Universitaire de Technologie, Carquefou, Collège Les Sables D’Or, Thouare Sur Loire, France, Direct via F5KEQ/P with Thomas Pesquet
- 2021-10-18 to 2021-10-24 École Jean Alloitteau, Vinça, France with Thomas Pesquet
- Matthias Maurer KI5KFH (D) scheduled November 2021 to April 2022 with many contacts in Germany
- 2021-11-29 to 2021-12-05 Wolfgang-Kubelka-Realschule (WKR), Schondorf am Ammersee, Germany with Matthias Maurer
- 2021-11-29 to 2021-12-05 Berufliche Schule Direktorat 1 Nürnberg, Nuremberg, Germany with Matthias Maurer
- 2021-12-06 to 2021-12-12 DLR_School_Lab Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany, direct via DN2DLR with Matthias Maurer
- 2021-12-13 to 2021-12-19 Technisches Bildungszentrum Mitte (TBZ Mitte), Bremen, Germany, direct via DN3HB, Carl Prueter Oberschule, Sulingen, Germany, direct via DLØCPS with Matthias Maurer
- Samantha Cristoforetti (I) scheduled in April 2022 with many contacts in Italy
- Amateur station on board of ISS
- Amateur Satellites
- Lunar Gateway
- W‑Band propagation study from space