The ARSPEX Working Group is a specialised body of the IARU Region 1 for Amateur Radio Space EXploration.
The ARSPEX WG acts under the provisions of the IARU Region 1 Constitution and Bylaws and operates within the terms of reference .
First Element of ARISS Next Generation (Next-Gen) Radio System Installed in ISS Columbus Module
This opens up a new era providing regular voice repeater functionality around the world.
The first contact through the repeater was done on September 2nd 2020 between IK1SLD and ON7UX.
Next ARISS contacts in region 1 or audible in region 1 on 145.800 MHz (FM) unless specified otherwise:
please note that due to the widespread sanitary crisis some ARISS contacts are cancelled or postponed. Stay safe !
- Thu 2021-01-21 18:27:40 Maine Regional School Unit #21, Kennebunk, ME, telebridge via IK1SLD
- Thu 2021-01-28 17:46:13 Newcastle High School, Newcastle, WY, multi-point telebridge via ON4ISS
- 2021-03-01 to 2021-03-07 Peace Corps, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, telebridge
- Thomas Pesquet (F) scheduled April 2021 to September 2021 with many contacts in France
- Matthias Maurer (D) scheduled September 2021 to February 2022 with many contacts in Germany
- Amateur station on board of ISS
- Amateur Satellites
- Lunar Gateway
- W‑Band propagation study from space