Who we are
The permanent HF Committee (C4) deals with matters relating the frequencies below 30 MHz.
What we do
- We co-ordinate the activities of amateurs in Region 1 with respect to frequency allocations below 30 MHz
- We ensure that adequate use is made of existing allocations and to consider possible new allocations
- We co-ordinate and promote scientific investigations by member societies of IARU Region 1 on all frequencies below 30 MHz.
- We recommend IARU Region 1 bandplans aimed at promoting greater effectiveness for communications
- We encourage special projects on the frequency allocations below 30 MHz aimed at advancing amateur radio communication techniques
- We assist in the protection of the amateur allocations below 30 MHz from possible loss by stimulating activity and demonstrating the effective use by amateurs
- We plan and conduct IARU Region 1 HF contests on these bands
- We advise on interference problems relating to frequencies below 30 Mhz
- We maintain communication with Member Societies through
- an Internet reflector discussion group
- the Region 1 Website
You are looking for the HF Manager’s Handbook (V 9.0) or the HF Bandplan? Please visit ➡ Documents.
Contact: 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credits: Michael Borsch DH2MB