The HST Working Group is an advisory body within the regional IARU structure. Each society within Region 1 can appoint its representative. He or she can act in full power only if the society completely fulfill the financial obligation to Region 1.
Aims and activities are:
- exchange information related to HST
- develop HST materials and answer question from other IARU bodies
- provide HST advice and help to Region 1 member societies
- submit HST advises, proposals and recommendations to the Executive Committee
- participate in the organization of IARU HST events
- undertake HST activities on behalf of IARU Region 1
- prepare HST rules
- to give recommendation to the EC and GC for final approve of the rules
- to approve changes in the “APPENDIX” of the rules between the conferences and EC meetings
HST Working Group assists the IARU member societies in HST activities, organize IARU HST international events and championships, support competition and technical improvements in HST, prepares bulletins and educational material.
HST Working Group cooperates with the similar bodies in IARU Region 2 and Region 3