- To co ordinate the activities of amateurs in IARU Region 1 with respect to frequency allocations above 30 MHz.
- To ensure that adequate use is made of existing allocations and to consider possible new allocations.
- To co ordinate and promote scientific investigations by member societies of IARU Region 1 on all frequencies above 30 MHz.
- To recommend IARU Region 1 individual bandplans aimed at promoting greater effectiveness both for local and long distance communications.
- To encourage special projects on the frequency allocations above 30 MHz aimed at advancing amateur radio communication techniques, e.g. amateur satellite projects.
- To assist in the protection of the amateur allocations above 30 MHz from possible loss by stimulating activity and demonstrating the effective use by amateurs (see note below).
- To plan and conduct IARU Region 1 VHF/UHF/Microwaves contests and to coordinate sub regional contests on these bands.
- To advise on interference problems especially relating to the VHF/UHF/Microwaves bands.
You can find more information in the VHF managers Handbook