Why the Monitoring System is of great importance
The role of the IARU Monitoring System (IARUMS) — monitoring the amateur bands to search and identify transmissions sent by intruders — is important because the amount of all kind of intruders is rapidly growing!
A number of national Monitoring Coordinators and volunteers have been watching our bands for many years. But more needs to be done to raise awareness of societies and countries where there no national monitoring team exists . Also, existing groups can still help by sharing detailed information worldwide with others. Monitoring is Teamwork!
For more information see the Monitoring System Page
- IARUMS R1 Monthly Newsletter February 2020 published.
- IARUMS R1 Monthly Newsletter January 2020 published.
- Two national Coordinators resigned from the MS.
- New DARC Intruder watch Coordinator.
- Peter Jost, HB9CET: New IARUMS Coordinator R1
- Wolfgang Hadel, DK2OM retired as Coordinator of IARUMS R1
From January 1st 2020, Peter Jost, HB9CET is the IARU Monitoring System Region 1 Coordinator a.I., assisted by Gaspar Miró, EA6AMM.