- To encourage the use of digital modes for message passing.
- To practice relaying messages that may have been received on other modes ( e.g. SSB/CW )
- To reinforce that the message format should not change between transmission modes.
- If available, see which digital modes cope with non-latin alphabets.
0900 — 1200UTC November 19th
1500 — 1800UTC November 19th
- Any digital gateway frequency appropriate for the mode being used.
- 18.160 MHz P2P Winlink/Pactor 1−2−3 G0DUB
From 0900 – 1200UTC stations should send messages in plain text IARU format to one of the following destinations;
The Subject line of the message must be in the format “//WL2K R/ G0DUB Chester GBR” allowing the message to be sent through ‘hybrid mode’ Winlink, whitelisting the destination email address, setting the message priority and showing the callsign and city of the destination.
The body of the message is as described below.
APRS messages should follow the format specified in http://aprs.org/doc/APRS101.PDF page 75 “NTS Radiograms”.
Between 1200 UTC and 1500 UTC, G0DUB will review all messages received and prepare responses/comments which will be sent from 1500UTC.
Participating stations should check in again with their digital systems between 1500 – 1800UTC to pick up those responses.
Messages should be sent in plain text format, the content is not critical in this exercise. The key feature is that the message format is followed.
1 R OM8ST 13 KOSICE SVK 0800 NOV 19
MESSAGES SENT OVER CW AND
VOICE MODES ARE ALSO ALL
CAPITALS X 73
STAN OM8ST KOSICE SVK
Stations will have received feedback that their original message was received correctly. If no feedback is received then email email@example.com to report that two-way communication failed.
After the test, information will be compiled on how many messages were exchanged and how many were successful in meeting the exercise objectives.