As the Swiss Amateur Radio Association USKA reports, it was possible to obtain clearance for the 4m band after lengthy negotiations with the national telecommunications authority BAKOM. The authorisation is valid from 1 January 2023.
The following applies:
- Only radio amateurs with HB9 licences are permitted to use the band.
- Frequency range: 70.0000 to 70.0375 MHz and 70.1125 to 70.5000 MHz. In the range from 70.0375 to 70.1125 MHz any transmission is prohibited.
- The maximum power is 25 watts ERP.
- All common modulation types are permitted. Use in accordance with the IARU band plan is encouraged.
- The band is to be used for direct links. Unmanned stations such as relays and Echolink gateways are not allowed.
- Remotely controlled stations require notification to BAKOM.